I often wonder if I haven't scarred my children for life. Take Jason for instance, I have him so paranoid that he can barely let me get more 5 ft away from him before he is screaming and frightened that I'm going to leave him or forget about him. Yesterday we went to Barnes and Nobles to get a book for Isabella's Strawberry Shortcake birthday party and they wanted to play with the trains on the train table. I said sure and that I would just look at the books that were nearby. I wasn't more than 6 or 7 ft away but if I moved and didn't tell Jason he would immediately begin to panick as if I was leaving him. Believe me, I was never out of his sight or very far away, just on the other side of the book shelf. I attempt to reassure him all the time that I will never just leave him somewhere. I think he is more terrified that someone with take him if he's not within arm's reach.
After leaving Barnes and Nobles, we headed over to Taco Bell. We had finished our lunch and proceeded to the bathroom. We were the only three in the entire bathroom and I was washing Isabella's hands when Jason says to me.
"Mom, I'm going to the bathroom. Don't leave me okay. You stay right there."
I answered as I always do. "Honey, mommy would never leave you."
But this time he responded differently to me. He said, "Ya I know Mom, your a good Mommy."
It instantly put a smile on my face. He thinks I'm a good mom! That is one of the best things a child can tell him Mommy. It was completely unprompted, completely on his own. I was proud at that moment. Despite that fact that I have him paranoid, he thinks I'm a Good Mommy. How exciting is that? He proceeded to tell me that on a couple of different occasions through out the rest of the day. Maybe I haven't scarred him after all.
No comments:
Post a Comment