Welcome, sit down and stay awhile.

Welcome to my blog about family and life. These are the "goings on" that happen in our day to day. Some funny, some sad. I hope you can stay awhile and find some inspiration for your life. Please feel free to comment or share what's on your mind with me. I hope you enjoy! May God richly bless you on your journey of life.

Monday, August 24, 2009

I can't believe it's here!!

I can't believe it's actually here. We've been preparing for this day for awhile now. But today reality has set in. I am the mother of a Kindergartener. Which means up and at it early. School starts at 8am. No more sleeping in!! What am I to do?

Jason is so excited. Mom is nervous. I've spent the last several days telling him that I don't want him to go to school. He responds by saying, "Mom, I have to go to school, because I'm a big boy now and that's what big boys do." Oh ya, he IS a big boy now. So I guess it's off to school we go. Dad held his hand for awhile but then told him he was a big boy now and didn't need to hold his hand anymore. I don't care, he can still hold mine.


Jason was so excited to be in class.

The parents got to spend the first 45 minutes or so helping the kids get oriented to their new classroom. We went on a scavenger hunt, read a story, colored, and then all the kids settled down on the rug for story time from their new teacher, Mrs. Berkeley. She read the story of the Kissing Hands and then had all the children wave good bye to the parents. I walked away with a smile on face and tear in my eye. I'm so proud of him, but so scared. I want to keep him safe for a little while longer. I pray that he will make good friends, get good grades, that he will keep his sweet disposition and his love for God. And I hope he never forgets how much mommy loves him!

No comments:

Post a Comment