I don't even know where to begin. This week has been beyond crazy. I guess there's a reason I called this blog "It's a Zoo around here", that's because it truly is a Zoo here. Tuesday and Wednesday Conrad worked and I was in charge of the house. I spent Tuesday morning trying to figure out how to ship the items I sold on Ebay. Yes, I finally decided to try my hand at selling things. I guess it's a better way to get rid of junk then to throw it away. So, after spending half the morning trying to figure out just how to print labels, I had to run a few errands, swing by the post office and try and keep my little man happy. He likes to be held way too much. Before we knew it, it was time to pick up Jason and Anna from school. The kids had been begging me to get their hair cut so I figured it would be a good night to get it done. Then home and a quick meal of chicken nuggets, bath and time for bed.
I was quite happy at 7:30 to be putting them all to bed so that I could finally have some quiet time. Then, while sitting on the floor in the kids' bedroom, I looked at Isabella, who suddenly turned ashen white and began throwing up all over the carpet. So in one quick moment my quiet evening was over. I spent the next 7 hours cleaning up after her. So I ask, how do you clean up carpet with pink throw up all over it. Well, I went and got the shop vac from the garage and sucked it up. Poured water on it and kept sucking it out until it was all gone. Poor thing, it all came on her so fast. She was so sick. I ended up making her a bed in my bathroom on the floor with an old crib mattress so that she wouldn't be making another mess on the carpet. Finally about 2:30am I found some expired Zofran and gave her a pill. It finally subsided the heaving and we were finally able to get a couple hours of sleep.
Well, I know from personal experience, that after a night of being sick like that, the last thing you want to do is run all over tarnation the next day. But since Conrad was at work so poor little Bella had to go wherever I went. So we were off to take Sally to get a hair cut, then home long enough for me to eat breakfast and play match game with a little girl who could barely muster enough energy to turn the cards over. After that game, we went back to Roseville to pick up Sally, get gas and come home. I told her to go lay down and take a nap, thinking that she would go get in her nice comfy bed in her bedroom. But when I went to check on her, she was curled up on the mattress in the bathroom. I left her there to sleep. I can't hardly lift her anymore to move her. She's getting to be such a big girl. So I decided to call my mom and tell her what a hard night I had, when I suddenly realized that Jason had a doctor appt and I had to get him out of school early. So I got Bella up and we were off again. After the doctor appt, Jason had karate. By the time we got home is was about six pm. Jason was crying because he had a sore on his leg that was hurting to the point that he couldn't sit down. What a busy day for a sick little girl. Not to mention, me, Jason and Matthew as well.
Things settled down on Thursday for daddy to come home. Funny how that happens. And Bella finally got her day of rest that she so desperately needed. Today, however, Jason and I were going to have some mommy-brother time together. Jason needed to get some cleats for baseball, so I thought I would take him shopping. We got about a mile down the freeway, when my transmission began acting up on my car. All the red lights came on with a warning to "check transmission-URGENT" displayed on my dashboard. I made it off the freeway, into the church parking lot and called Conrad to come and get us. I called the Volvo dealer and Volvo Roadside assistance. Then began the wait. But only a few minutes passed, when Conrad called back looking for the baby's car seat. Would you know it, I had it in my car. So Jason and I were stuck. Daddy couldn't come get us. And it took that tow truck over 2 hours to get us. Five and half hours later, and one pair of cleats later, we finally arrived back home.
With all this, it really makes you wonder, what on earth else can go wrong? I'm really hoping it doesn't get any worse than this. After all, I have one day left in this week. But looking back, I see how God was taking care of us. We had planned to go visit my parents this weekend since Jason has a five day weekend from school. But with Bella getting so sick and needing some rest and Jason not able to sit comfortably for six hours of driving in the car, I decided to call it off. And thank God that I did! Can you imagine what it would have been like to have the car loaded with all three kids and all our luggage to go on a trip and be stranded with a broken down car, God knows where, somewhere along I-5? I think God was actually watching out for us. It was those weird, random circumstances that kept us home, where the car could break down and land us in a safe spot to wait. It's all pure craziness but, nontheless, God is ever close and watching out for us. Thank you Jesus for keeping us safe. And please Lord, I'd prefer a little less craziness next week.
No comments:
Post a Comment