Welcome, sit down and stay awhile.

Welcome to my blog about family and life. These are the "goings on" that happen in our day to day. Some funny, some sad. I hope you can stay awhile and find some inspiration for your life. Please feel free to comment or share what's on your mind with me. I hope you enjoy! May God richly bless you on your journey of life.

Sunday, February 27, 2011

Tales from the Zoo

I love interacting with my children and asking them their opinion of things.  The other night I was reading the story of how God created the world and Adam and Eve.  At the end of the story there were some questions, one of which was, "What is your favorite thing that God created?"  Isabella's response...
"Umm,  umm, lipstick and dress up clothes!"  
She has become quite the girly girl lately.  She loves lipstick.  I took her to the mall last week and we went into Children's Place.  They now sell lip gloss, jewelry, and misc other things.  She asked me if I would buy her lipstick.  Knowing that she had her own money in her purse, I told her that she could buy her own lipstick.  She thought about it for a few minutes and then decided that she wanted to buy it.  The next day, daddy told her to get in the car for school and she replyed, "Wait daddy, I have to put my lipstick on!"  It drives him nuts that she has turned girly.  He asked me a few days later if we were ruining her with all this princess, girly stuff.  I had to laugh.  Doesn't he know, that's what little girls do.  They love to play dress up.

A couple nights ago we were sitting at the dinner table and Isabella asked, "Mommy, how did you get the baby in your tummy?"  Daddy quickly stated, "Magic".  Then Jason spoke up and said, "Jesus makes it.  He takes one of your ribs and makes the baby."

Oh from the mouths of babes!  I just love what their minds think of.  I did have to explain that Jesus only made Eve like that.  He doesn't really use ribs now.  Luckily the conversation ended there!

There is my pretty girl.  I thought this picture was pretty neat because part of the tree is chewed off by the beaver that is busily building dams in the water ways by our house.

No comments:

Post a Comment