Fridays are filled with excitement around the Frausto house. We prepare for Friday morning a few days earlier with the infamous questions starting. "Mama, Garbage man coming today?", asks a very curious little Isabella. "No, sister, the Garbage man comes on Friday." I reply. She is always disappointed with this response as this is the one thing she truly looks forward to each week. She is so intrigued with the garbage man or can, half the time I can't figure out which one she is talking about, that if she sees either one in our excursions around town, she immediately begins to yell at me. "Mama, garbage man, Mama, garbage man, Mama, garbage man.", until I reply, "Yes, sister, I know, I see the garbage man."
This last Friday was no different. I had taken the kids out to play with the neighbor girls and everyone on our court had the garbage cans down by the curb for the garbage man to empty. Isabella was so excited. She just couldn't wait for the big show. She wanted to watch the garbage truck as it picked up the trash just like we do every other Friday morning. For her, it seemed like forever before the garbage man finally came. I don't know how many times she asked when he was coming. But when we heard the big truck coming down the street, all play stopped and all eyes were on that big truck as it picked up all that trash, well, "recycle" as Bella calls it. It is amazing that my little girl is so enamoured with the garbage man. She may be crazy, but you gotta love her. July 30, 2009
She was so cute! I also loved how concerned she was about big brother riding his bike too close to the garbage cans. What a sweet girl!
ReplyDelete