Welcome, sit down and stay awhile.

Welcome to my blog about family and life. These are the "goings on" that happen in our day to day. Some funny, some sad. I hope you can stay awhile and find some inspiration for your life. Please feel free to comment or share what's on your mind with me. I hope you enjoy! May God richly bless you on your journey of life.

Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Super Awesome Today

Do you ever have a love hate relationship with something? I know, I know. We all do. My son has a love hate relationship with his Karate. Some days he loves it. Others, well, you know. Today was a day he loved every minute of it. He was full of "Yes Sirs". He followed orders impecably. He walked away with a big smile on his face. "Why", I ask, "can't it be this way all of the time?" Instead we have days of fighting and crying. Some days he says that he just hates it. I guess this is a good lesson for me. I have to teach him to be strong and stick to the commitments that we make in life. We can't give up half way. There is a job to be done and it is our responsibility to see it through to the end. Yes, there are days in all of us that we just don't want to go to work, or clean house, or hear even more whining from our little ones. But we must find strength to get up and do the things that we just don't want to do. We have bills to pay, errands to run, and little ones to lead. So as much as I hate listening to all the excuses of why we shouldn't go to Karate today, I love watching when we finally have a good day. When I see him standing there with his arms at his side, yelling "Yes Sir" louder than any other kid in his class, it makes my heart leap. When he listens and does his best and walks away saying, "I did super awesome today, didn't I mom?", That makes it all worth the battle. Yes, comittments are sometimes hard to keep, but in the end, if we do our best, we can walk away knowing that we did Super Awesome Today. July 22, 2009

1 comment:

  1. Yeah!!! I'm so glad you started a blog! I think it is "Super Awesome". I know exactly what you mean. I feel so much better when I follow through but sometimes it just takes what feels like a monumental effort to get there! I'm the one who is envious of your creativity and talent! :) I love the action shots!

    ReplyDelete