Welcome, sit down and stay awhile.

Welcome to my blog about family and life. These are the "goings on" that happen in our day to day. Some funny, some sad. I hope you can stay awhile and find some inspiration for your life. Please feel free to comment or share what's on your mind with me. I hope you enjoy! May God richly bless you on your journey of life.

Monday, September 14, 2009

Trikes to Bikes




What a feeling of accomplishment to finally ride a bike with just 2 wheels. To feel the wind whizzing through your hair.
"Pedal faster", I yell chasing behind you.
"I'm trying", you exclaim with a smile stretched from ear to ear.
You wobble and fall down. You get frustrated but get right back up and try again.
It's slow at first, but with some persistence you gain speed and confidence. You practice going straight and then figure out how to turn. You practice figure 8's and before you know it, you are zooming down the driveway, bouncing off the curbs and pedaling faster and faster.
The world is stretched out before you now. You have a new found freedom, and a new found excitement for riding your bike. It is so fun to watch you being excited about something and enjoying it so much. Way to go buddy. You did it!
August 30, 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment