Welcome, sit down and stay awhile.

Welcome to my blog about family and life. These are the "goings on" that happen in our day to day. Some funny, some sad. I hope you can stay awhile and find some inspiration for your life. Please feel free to comment or share what's on your mind with me. I hope you enjoy! May God richly bless you on your journey of life.

Sunday, March 13, 2011

Life is like riding a bicycle.

My mom came to visit us a few days ago and we went on a walk to see the Beaver dams.  On the way back home, Isabella's training wheel broke off her bike and was rendered completely unrepairable.  So yesterday, I took off the remnants of the training wheel brackets and told her she would have to learn to ride her bike without them.  It took a little coaxing and little reassuring in between large tear drops and snifflings of "I can't do it"!  I told her I would hold onto her and to just peddle like she always does.  I was running down the road with her and then let go and she rode quite a ways before I yelled at her that she was doing it all by herself.  And with that, she was off on her own.  No looking back.  She has been riding all over like a big girl now, with no training wheels.  She has a little trouble getting the bike going by herself but she is a very fast learner.  I thought it was going to be a huge ordeal, but I must say one thing about my little girl... When she knows there is no other option, she CAN do it and she WILL do it.  I like that about her.

She also learned how to do her favorite job of getting the mail without training wheels as well.  It's hard to put mail in the basket when you have to lay your bike down now.  So I taught her to just ride it all the way up to the mail box and stay on it so she didn't have to lay it down.  That made her very happy!  She can still do her favorite job!

Isabella on her bike with no training wheels.


No comments:

Post a Comment